Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'M OUT FOR PRESIDENTS TO REPRESENT ME!

I'm still stoked! Today I was at a student counsel meeting where we voiced our opinion on how the economy is effecting our school causing budget cuts, staff cuts, facility cuts, and equipment cuts. I was surprised to find that I wasn't the only black student at the function. Tonight I realized that rappers, athletes, and the local dope boy are no longer the role models for todays black children, TODAY we have a black president who will set the standard for a more educated, cause driven, powerful group of African Americans. I don't know how else to explain it other than saying that being educated is no longer being white, or an uncle sam, or an oreo it is now a place of power where being well spoken means that you are striving to do more for your life, not forgetting your roots. GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES, President Barack Hussein Obama and his family along with the rest of America are in my prayers.

0 comments: