Friday, May 8, 2009

STAR TREK


Of course I saw it opening night. I have to say my dad is a fan of the Star Trek shows and movies and I never understood it until tonight. J.J. Abrahms did this story JUSTICE and both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine did a phenomenal job acting. This is a smart movie/story something that you find in an independent film, but with the pacing and visuals of a big budget Hollywood flick. With the exception of a few script issues I can honestly say that the expectations of Hollywood films will change due to this movie. Michael Bay if you plan on making your flashy dumb-down movies you won't last long because Abrahms has proved you can have suspense, stunts, and explosions that coincide with phenomenal storytelling (which you do poorly) without the aid of idiotic, out of place, and often insensitive jokes -- SMART SELLS! Overall I give the film a 9 out of 10!

0 comments: